Tuesday, January 25, 2011

raspberry heaven

let me quote myself [ this "gem" was spoken to idiot]

"if 2010 was fast, 2011 is zooming past"

i can't believe i rhymed it so well, and yet i was laughed at:( i was told that 3 weeks into 2011 cannot be counted as zooming past. Still, it encapsulates my thoughts.

I can't believe that January is ending. I can't believe that it's going to be chinese new year in less that a week and i'm not even feeling the CNY vibe. I can't believe that productions is finally over. I can't believe that it is less than a month to my birthday! The last bit kinda scared me. I was walking and thinking [or rather talking to myself] “oh yeah, my birthday is just around the corner. Is it a month to my birthday yet?” and then with a start I realised, it’s only NINETEEN DAYS more [erm, plus minus 1]. 19 days left of being 19. I can’t decide if I want my birthday to come faster. I don’t think I do.

Three weeks into the sem and I realise I see schizo and idiot nearly every day of the week [it is NOT a bad thing] and thinking about them reminds me of a couple of pictures I have and I couldn’t decide where to fit these photos under in facebook, since it’s quite ridiculous to have an album completely dedicated to 5 photos which look virtually identical, save for the slightly different angles. BUT I can’t let idiot’s surprise go unpublished so I’m putting it here!


somehow or the other, schizo's blog had a photo of raspberries with hotcakes. and they looked really really yummy. so as the ahem, eldest, member of the HC2011 teaching faculty, idiot took the chance to buy us RASPBERRIES [which are awfully expensive i now realise] which we paired with our macdonalds hotcakes. wonder what the macdonalds service staff were thinking when they saw this:D
Photobucket
raspberry+hotcakes+maple syrup+melted butter=*heavenly*

Photobucket

Photobucket
REALLY REALLY EXPENSIVE RASPBERRIES:( it's a luxury food item i guess
I think idiot said it was 10 bucks for that small box. but they look so good
and when i finally found the sweet tasting one, it was awesome
somehow the ones I kept picking tasted sour. and at first i was like
"raspberries aren't that fantastic"
but i was WRONG.
the ones which had a balanced proportion of sweet and sour
were simply delicious.
I don't really know how to describe it in words,
but one word keeps popping to mind even though i tell myself that doesn't seem like the right word to use on raspberries.
"SUCCULENT"
which makes me think of roast pig, not sure why, since I don't even like pork.
Photobucket
realised that when I cropped the picture it's not longer as tempting as the original
i think this picture is going to go out of the white box. but for the sake of showcasing it, i shall put aside my obsessive compulsions to have everything neatly aligned:D

and now it's back to designing stuff for CAC camp:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home