Sunday, February 27, 2011

absolutely gutted

it's 2am and i'm blogging. and obviously something's keeping me awake. i'm absolutely gutted by the loss. okay putting things into perspective, it's pretty stupid that i'm hung up over a carling cup final loss when i've got a test tmr, of which i have absolutely no mood to study for, no mood to even attend. no way. WE. WERE. JUST. THIS. CLOSE. i don't really want to face the united fans right now. and only a gunner can understand my feelings. to be so close to winning something and then have it snatched from you. no, no quite snatched, but more like to give it away so openly. i don't really know who were the better team tonight, because i didn't watch it and soccernet commentaries only spark my imagination that much. but well, for certain this isn't the team that played against barca and won, for certain this isn't the team thats fought tooth and nail to prove that they're not young raw talent. for certain...i don't even know whats certain anymore!

emotions run deep. i feel hugely disappointed. and yet a part of me kinda guessed that this would happen. never thought it would be an easy win. and i knew that from the moment arsenal was the bookie's choice and everyone said it was a shoo-in. Because we've never performed well that way. we perform better as underdogs.


I'm seriously feeling very gutted now. and thats the only word that keeps popping into my mind. this whole post is going to sound very repetitive cos i'm typing it as i reel from the aftermath and tears drip down my cheeks. I'm giving myself one "pity-party" day. and then i'll move on. move on because the premier league title is within our reach. move on because we're still in the FA cup for now. move on because we've still got a shot at the champions league even though it looks like an insurmountable challenge. as it is, theres no more quad, but i'd take the other three if you'd give them to me.

I don't understand how i can feel so deeply affected. I mean. Think about it, starving children, kidnapped children, abused children, natural disaster victims: the world's full of them! and yet what matters to me most now is that WE. CAME. SO. CLOSE. AND. WE. DIDN'T. WIN. THE. CARLING. CUP.

and i'm gonna need time to get over this.
i really really really don't need to hear the taunts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home